Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Where were you?

Six years ago I woke up to my radio alarm, getting ready for my classes, and I was half listening to the radio. I was wondering why there wasn't any music playing just people talking. I figured that I must've switched the stations. Then I started to listen to what the people on the radio were saying and they started to say that the one of the towers was on fire from an explosion. I quickly turned the television on and every channel was watching the towers. Then the second plane flew into the other tower. I still couldn't believe it. How could this happen? Why is this happening? There are a lot of images that I still remember. One of the most heart breaking is when I could see people jumping out of the windows because they were so scared and had no where to go. I know we will never forget what happened six years ago, let us always remember.

2 comments:

ecuakim said...

Thanks Jackie, for remembering. I do too. I had early morning classes in the JKHB, and didn't hear about it until my second class. I walked in at 9am and a girl in the front looked at me and said, "They've bombed the World Trade Center." She must've known that I had no idea about any of it...everyone who knew looked somber. Then our teacher came in and we discussed it for the whole class, and then after that, classes were canceled. Rough day. Remember Matt Sanders? I watched the footage with him in Bro. J's (in our bishopbric, I could never spell his name...) office upstairs and tried to call my mom in Germany. I knew that my dad was somewhere near Washington D.C. on business, and that was scary.

Jenny said...

I was in the MTC in Brazil. Our district was at the Temple, and the only American district not actually in the MTC when the MTC president got word. We got back to the MTC and our Brazilian roommates tried to explain that there was a bomb in the United States--even after only being there for 2 weeks it was unmistakable that she was explaining something blew up in the United States. We rushed into a classroom where they explained what had happened. I honestly don't know that I have ever felt so isolated and helpless in my whole entire life. There was no mail in or out of the country for a long time, and no way to contact anybody. And for 2 more weeks nobody even came into the MTC from the U.S. since all airplanes were stopped from the U.S. I was just so grateful for the higher peace that came from the Lord, in a time when everything was so surreal and scary.