Thursday, October 04, 2007

And here she is now....

Ellen Degeneres.
Yep, that's right. Since becoming a stay-at-home mom, one of my responsibilities is to keep up with Ellen and Oprah. AND since NBC studios are practically in our backyard I decided it was time to go to one of her shows. Unfortunately cameras are not allowed so you'll just have to take my word for it. I went with a friend, we left the kids behind for most of the afternoon. That was a treat! There was an Ellen look a like in line with us. Once we were finally let inside the studio it was pretty awesome. I suddenly became very excited and was hoping that she would make it even more awesome by giving us a free ANYTHING. Here's the lame part...Jamie Foxx, who will be edited into the show that I was at, was not there. I guess they taped his part sometime last week. I thought that was lame. They make you dance dance dance and bribe you with free t-shirts. Sadly, as much as I shook my money maker, the oldies were the ones that got all the free t-shirts....because they just look so darn cute trying to dance to Kanye West. It was a lot more intimate of a setup, I guess it looks bigger on television. Ellen is also a lot smaller framed than I thought. I will admit I was star struck when she came up the aisle and I could practically touch her. My friend was sitting in the aisle seat, because she had a fun shirt that would look good on camera. It was fun. I will try to go again, so long as they don't recognize me and kick me out, and maybe the next time there will be a cool celeb there and or a cool giveaway. Also, huge headache afterwards, very loud music and all the screaming and clapping. The show I was at was aired on Wed, 10/03/07.

2 comments:

julie said...

Awesome, that sounds like fun...I miss that show...I'm usually napping:)

jackie e said...

You still have a nap? That is something that I've wanted since David was born. Every now and then I sneak one in but feel guilty that I didn't take the time to clean or cook or fix myself up. Veronica doesn't let me take too many naps, as was the case when I found grated cheese all over our living room carpet after a not so good nap.