Monday, October 29, 2007

It's a birthday party!

We had a little party for Veronica's birthday. I always wonder why I do this to myself. I tell myself it will be a little get together and it ends up being a huge to do. Veronica had been looking forward to her birthday party all week, ever since daddy mentioned going to buy her pinata and presents. Jeff gets excited and can't keep it from being a surprise. I think the main reason she was excited was knowing that she could eat candy and play with her friends. Our complex has a "courtyard" and so we did it there. It's basically concrete. I'm sure the downstairs apartments appreciated all the kids screaming and running around all afternoon. It was pretty fun, especially when it started to rain while we were finishing up the pinata.


Note: kid seen running behind the pinata...not invited. By the end of the pinata, there were kids that I had never seen before. Oh well.

Had a little birthday bash for Veronica. We invited the neighbor kids and the kids from our ward nursery for a pizza party, pinata and cake.



Blowing out the candles. We practiced a few times before her party.


This is what happened after the pinata was "popped." As they were shaking the last bits of candy out of the pinata some kids were heard saying "ouch, it hit me on the head."
(I was just looking at the video and the big kid with the USC shirt, yeah the one picking up all the candy...also...not invited. I always thought it was funny when the big kids are the ones swiping all the candy and the little ones just stand in awe of candy falling from the skies.)

1 comment:

julie said...

Happy Birthday Veronica! You are a better mom than I for throwing such a fun party, I'm going to wait until she begs me for one. Did I mention that 3 year olds have more attitude then 2 year olds? Well at least mine does. Each year is a fun one--congrats!