Friday, April 04, 2008

YMCA

We joined our local YMCA. I know, it's such an "old" thing to do. But we discovered that there are so many cool things about it...I'll list in order of importance:
1. Child Watch- Pretty much babysit your kids for 2 hours while you use the facilities.
2. Lots of fun dance/gymnastics classes for Veronica.
3. They actually have a nice gym, 3 gyms actually.
4. Not a lot of those "gym rats" that are on steroids or those people that are there to check out other people...I hate that.
5. Lots of treadmills, which is a definite plus for Jeff.
6. An indoor swimming pool.
7. Did I mention Child Watch? They watch your kids for 2 hours!
Oh yeah, it's way family oriented which is cool. It's nice to know that while Jeff and I are doing our exercise that our kids are having fun. We've been going everyday now for over a week. David still has a hard time when we drop him off but today when I picked him up he was playing with some of the kids and not being so teary. Veronica has a hard time when we have to leave, she has cried or put up a fight everyday now. We bribe her with gum. Jeff is trying to train for the LA Marathon that is in March '09 and so far he is doing really good. I still am amazed at how he can just run and he actually enjoys it. I wish I had a little of his self-motivation when it comes to running, I just don't like it but I know that it will help me to not jiggle so much. This coming month I am going to register Veronica for a ballet class, a gymnastics class and a tap class. I think she would love it...at least I hope she does.
No pictures but I'll post some random ones that I have around.


I made a this chicken thing with fresh basil and tomatoes with paremesan cheese on top. It was pretty so I took a picture of it.








This is a video of Veronica on an up and down ride. She is in the middle and I would like to apologize if I make you sick with my awesome video skills...yeah I didn't realize I was moving the camera so much.

1 comment:

Misti Lee said...

That food looks so good. What is the recipe?