Friday, May 16, 2008

Noah's Ark

The Skirball Cultural Center has this new, cool exhibit called Noah's Ark. A lady from our ward found out that it's free on Thursdays and set up a play-day, for those that are home with kids. The whole exhibit is made of recycled materials and everything is hands on, the kids can touch or climb on whatever they want, as long as it is safe. They have story telling and arts/crafts. It was pretty awesome. We had to cut our time short because Veronica was being so sassy and rude that my threats of leaving if I didn't see better behavior finally were realized. It was more like we were all punished, so I'm going to go again. Maybe this time I'll get a babysitter for the kids so I can enjoy it!



Some things were easier to figure out. Others needed more creativity and imagination to figure out what.





This is kind of like you're helping to "build" the ark by putting the puzzle pieces together.


This turtle was awesome! And David managed to find something to chew on while he was there.


They also had this little rope climbing thing. The getting down was the tricky part.



This is a conveyor belt where the kids can help load the animals into the ark, two-by-two of course! note: see Veronica is holding corn...more to come...


She was a bit too attached to the corn, which is one of the reasons she was being so unbearable. She wouldn't let go of that corn. She would put it down so she could play with other things but if a kid so much as looked at the corn she would run over there and snatch it away. I didn't like that at all, so I threatened to leave...she didn't listen...so we left.

David likes to go where the action is at. This girl started playing this drum and David wanted to watch her up close. Check out the ball and the strawberry he has in his hands...we ended up leaving with those tightly gripped in his hands. I didn't notice until I put David in his car seat. Next time I go I will turn David in for stealing from the museum.

2 comments:

julie said...

ha ha, Hailey stole a hacky sack last week. When I went a week later and told them about it I found out it was $6.99, luckily she didn't make me pay for it for being honest. From age 3-4 every few months Hailey would be a big pain for a while, it is hard to figure out what punishment should be.

Angela said...

I wish we had things like that to do in Idaho Falls. Cute pictures!