Saturday, May 10, 2008

San Francisco

We had our first real family vacation, where it was just us and no extended family to visit. We really like San Francisco, so that's where we decided to go. We only stayed for 2 days, and believe me that was plenty long. Since having kids, I've noticed that being close to home is nice, somehow being at home makes it easier to handle grumpy children or whatever the kids decide they want to do to stress me out. I love the weather this time of year...it's jacket weather and I love jackets...which is why I want to move there...so I can wear jackets, who cares that it's so stinkin' expensive. Anyway, we walked around a lot, mainly from the hotel to Pier 39 and back again. Saw the sea lions, went to the zoo (free admission on the first Wednesday of the month), went to the Golden Gate Bridge and ate lots of yummy food at the Fisherman's Grotto. That was Jeff's favorite part of the trip. I had a lot more things planned but it's kind of hard because of the nap schedule and bedtimes.

4 comments:

JS said...

Jackie! i didn't know you were in San Francisco! I would have met you there for lunch or something. It looked like a fun trip.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Core Chiropractic said...

So fun Jackie! Family vacations are great (and stressful). SF is pretty fab huh? We miss living up there.

Tiffany said...

I think I am glorifying how our family vacation to so. cal. is going to be at the end of the month. We have never been on vacation with kids so I am guessing the naps, bedtimes, meal, snacks, etc... are going to make it such a different experience!

julie said...

How fun, glad you guys had a vacation. Maybe I'll attempt it some day with kids.