Thursday, February 11, 2010

Community Celebration and the Super Bowl...





Kindergarten update: Community Celebration. So the kids made communities out of recycled trash and they painted them and labeled them. They decided on the name of the city/town and decided what they wanted in their community. It was actually quite creative. It was quite a day, a rainy day to be more specific. Anyway, we finally left and as I was loading the kids into the car another mom gave me the "Been there ... I know you want to just get in the car and scream" look. I had to laugh and I did and I felt better. I failed to mention that as I was putting Vanessa in her car seat David decided it would be a good time to step into a gushing river that was flowing under our car and got his lower half soaked...and when I asked him to get out of it he flipped out and started crying. I guess I could have just let him soak himself and then taken off his wet clothes and had him sit in his diaper...in a car with a busted heater... Oh well. The crying makes him tired and then he sleeps the whole way home and I have only 1 baby crying not 2.



We had a super bowl party...since Jeff's team made it. We won't go further into what happened with the actual game.
Anyway, I thought I'd do some decorations and what nots...here goes.

Cool huh? Anyway, they were way good...I even made a football field out of the green paper they are sitting on.


Inserted these flags onto the mini footballs. It was cute.






2 comments:

Sheena said...

I'm very impressed with the communities those little kids created. Of course, that would be normal with the genius that your daughter is. hehe. Also, I'm totally bummed I missed out on your amazing super-bowl creation. I think I slept through the entire superbowl ordeal. I was a party pooper.

Angela said...

Awesome cakes! Too bad the Colts lost. I made a butterfly cake for Hailey's birthday, but our camera wasn't charged in time for pictures.

Vanessa is a cutie. I'm so sad to be missing her growing up so fast:( Say hi to your family for me. Love you all!