Friday, March 05, 2010

David turns 3!

David turned 3! I brought some cupcakes to the park for our playgroup and had a mini party for David. This was the best kind of party, just bring cupcakes and since we were at the park I didn't have to entertain the kids...and David didn't really care about decorations or anything so it was easy. I don't know if the other moms were too thrilled about the chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting...he he.

It was a great day, perfect weather and a good amount of kids actually came. And then David saw the swings. It was fine until people got tired of pushing him and it was time to go. Let's just say that I will only go to a park without swings from now on.

Back to a more positive note...David had his 3 year check up. I am very proud to say that, according to the pediatrician, David is on target to being taller than me! He then informed me that he had to catch David up on his immunizations and so he was going to give him 4 shots. He took them all and not one tear or squirm. It's too bad he wasn't that good when I asked him to get off the swings in the park. We even had to get some blood drawn for him and again not a single tear or yell nothing! I was such a proud mommy of my little brave man. I almost forgot about the swing incident.

We're going to have a little bash for the birthday boy this Saturday so that my parents and his uncle and aunt can come celebrate. Always a good excuse to have good food and family together.


Dog pile on the slide.


Love that smile!


The bubble train was a huge hit! It sure beats having to stand there and blow out all those bubbles.

It took quite a show down for this to happen. He managed to "have his cake and eat it too" in every sense of the phrase. Such a little stinker!

2 comments:

Adam Zollinger said...

Happy Be-lated bday!!! Thats a genius Idea. .going to the park.. no sweeping up crumbs or decor!!! To bad Vaughns bday is in winter!! I can't believe he's only a year younger than ally. Crazy times!

Rachel & Darrin said...

I hope David had a great birthday and I can't believe how old he is already! I feel like I was just at his blessing! I hope you and Jeff and the kids are doing great! We love you!