Wednesday, July 07, 2010

4th of July weekend

Our 4th of July weekend started on Friday. Jeff took a half day and we headed over to the beach in the early afternoon. It's been so overcast most of the mornings so we figured we'd head over to the beach later in the day so the clouds would be gone. It was a great day.

Aren't fruit snacks a life saver? I love those things. I try to keep several bags stashed for the eventual meltdowns.
Vanessa thinks she's hot stuff now that she's almost 14 months old.
This is at around 5:30p.m. when I thought it was a good idea to remove their swimsuits and put on their clothes and de-sand them. The kids said they were done with the water and didn't want to get back in...so I thought it was a good idea. Within the hour they were down by the water splashing and rolling in the sand...in their clothes! Whatever...they got the cold showers when we finally left.

It's not the 4th of July unless there are snowcones...especially the blue ones that turn your lips blue! He was sneaking the cotton candy...I saw him with 3 different ones.

Don't you just love this face? She was pretty grumpy the entire bbq.

I didn't see Veronica the entire time...she's too cool to hang out with her parents these days. She had been asking me everyday if it was Monday yet so she could go to the pool party. I guess the pool party met all of her expectations...she had a blast.

This is the only pool that David will get near. He even went down the metal slide into the pool.

No comments: