Tuesday, October 26, 2010

How does it feel to be six?

"I feel...umm...a little different...wait...I feel older now." That's what Veronica said to me when I asked her how she felt to be 6 now. I still am trying to compose myself from the realization that my first born is in fact 6 years into her own life. Anyway, Veronica wanted a Princess and the Frog Costume Party and I did my best. My favortie part of putting this whole thing together was this picture that I took of Veronica. She was so happy and felt so loved...it totally made it all worth it.


(Disregard my dying flowers)
This shot was taken while the girls at her party were singing Happy Birthday to her. She loves the attention.




We played "Kiss Naveen". My amazing, artistic, talented, awesome friend Sheena drew Naveen and helped with the puffy paper flowers.


I thought it would be fun to have the girls do some paper crowns. Then they got a little crazy with the glitter. I'm still finding glitter EVERYWHERE! It was fun...I think.



The birthday girl requested brownies and ice cream(thanks for not making me make a Princess and the Frog cake).

Some kids watching part of P&F to calm down their excitement before their parents came.


I made up a little scavenger hunt for the girls. I didn't think that it would go as well as it did. Well, there were some fights about who got to grab the clue and who could read it. But the end was worth it. I hid the goodie bags in a treasure box. By that time, which was close to when the parents were to come get their kids, I WAS EXHAUSTED!!! It was fun though.




My parents and my brother and his wife came over later for even more celebrations! Here is abuelo with his oldest grandchild.


My dad is so good at being an abuelo. It's no wonder these kids love to have him around. Veronica loves to draw and received lots of construction paper to draw on. Here she is not wasting any time getting to work on those reams of paper.


So cute!

3 comments:

mindy said...

Happy Birthday, Veronica!! She is such a cutie! And looking so old...

Sheena said...

Oh Jackie, you brave, brave mother! It was the funniest thing to hear how fun the party was from Lana's point of view. She had a great time. She felt so grown up. Thanks for the generous shout out. I got so happy seeing how awesome your decorations and hard work turned out. Whew...now you've got a whole year before you throw her 7th birthday party. (maybe I should not have mentioned that so soon! hahaha)

Tiffany said...

She seriously is beautiful! And looks so grown up. It happens too fast hu?