Monday, July 11, 2011

4th of July...


4th of July at the Kerrigan's. This family opens up their home/backyard to family and friends and we have enjoyed coming to this every year since we moved here. I can't believe we've been here for 7 years now.




This was probably the best spot to be...it was SO hot. Nothing says 4th of July in the valley like triple digits and pools!




Another cool spot to be.




Vanessa was having such a fun time going up the stairs and sliding down the slide into the pool that she didn't notice when the adults left and she slid down into the pool and was underwater for a few seconds. Luckily, we had a little hero pull her up and held her head above the water. After this incident, Vanessa was pretty tired and fell asleep. Near death will tucker a kid out.



BIG NEWS!!! Veronica had a loose tooth for quite some time now....close to 2 weeks. Anyway, she kept messing with it and then one day I asked to look at her loose tooth and saw the new tooth poking through. So, I asked her if I could pull out the loose tooth to give room for the new one. She hesitated and then said I could pull it on Monday(4th of July). I forgot until that evening when she was sitting and reading and fiddling with her tooth and then I remembered. So, I reminded her and she put up a fight but then she let me pull it. It came out quick, thankfully! If you look super close you can see the top of the new tooth behind the bloody hole.

Her tooth was so little, I thought that the tooth fairy might have a hard time finding it...but alas the tooth fairy found the little tooth and left Veronica a very special monetary compensation.

2 comments:

Rachel & Darrin said...

Those pictures make me miss swimming, haven't gone in a while. Poor little Vanessa and her scare! I bet she won't be away from water for long though :) I'm glad the tooth fairy visited Veronica too.

Angela said...

Congrats, Veronica! Hannah has yet to make that accomplishment.