Wednesday, February 22, 2012


This beautiful baby is almost 7 months and I want to stop time right now. Realizing this is my last baby makes all these little moments so bittersweet.
My Violet weighed 16 lbs. 14 oz at 6 months and still wakes up anywhere between 2-3 times a night. Maybe this is Violet's way of forcing me to be awake more so I can take it all in. A couple of Sundays ago I set Violet down at Church and she started crawling forward! She had been scooting backwards for a month but figured out to go forward. Still not smooth but she can now go towards toys or little pieces of crap on the floors.
Violet is so playful and is full of smiles. I will catch her staring at her big brother...she loves David. Everyone loves this Violet to pieces and, if I let them, will carry her up and down the stairs. Violet totally fits right into place in our not-so-little family and I am so grateful for her. I love the way Violet's eyes squint when she smiles and how she stares when we talk to her. I can't wait for the coming months to watch her grow but I will take the time each day to hold her a little longer and steal a snuggle when she allows it.

No comments: