Sunday, August 12, 2012

10 years already!!

Only old people celebrate 10 year wedding anniversaries, right?  I guess we're old.  As I approach certain milestones in life, I feel like I should feel differently or at least feel like I have accomplished more.  The 10 year wedding anniversary is a big deal, right?  I don't have a list of accomplishments, but if I had to make one it would go as follows:
Jeff
Veronica
David
Vanessa
Violet

Each child has strengthened our bond to each other and has brought out a lot of my imperfections and short comings and has brought out a lot of Jeff's amazing qualities that I never knew. He has buoyed me up when it felt so much easier to sink. He has dragged me out of myself and has known when to give me space to work on things that only I could do. He is my hero in so many ways and even though I act tough with him, I have so much to learn from him.  He's a giver, a lover, a goof ball, stalwart, hard working, dedicated, faithful, amazing.  I depend on him and I love him so much more than I did before.  I know that's a cliche and I kind of hate those but I feel like the love I have for him is so much different now.  I'm so grateful that we made eternal covenants that make this marriage worth it!  That make it worth the struggles and the snoring.  I will never give up on Jeff because I know he works so hard to make me happy and to provide a stable and loving home for our family.  I am the luckiest to have a person in my life who loves me - all of me, imperfections and all the grumpy mornings because I am not a morning person or my way of stressing out because we're late to church - and is happy to love me.  I love you, Jeff.



















Jeff and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary by leaving our kids with my mom and heading down to San Diego for 2 days.  This hotel is on the Marina and our view was awesome!!  The 2 walls were all windows.  Anyway, we made a trip to the San Diego Temple, so so beautiful.  I have always wanted to go inside because it's so beautiful from the outside.  It was such a fun trip.  We spoiled each other and didn't feel guilty.




About to go out for dinner.  Fish Market on the Marina was amazing.  


On the drive home, we stopped at Cafe Rio.  This place is one of my favorites!  There are none in LA, and I originally tried this while I was at BYU.  Anyway, this just completed the celebration of our wedding. Jeff doesn't really like this place but because he loves me he treated me.  Some of my favorite things in this pic:
Jeff, BYU and Cafe Rio!
I haven't gone golfing, one of things that Jeff introduced me to when we were first married, in a long time and we hit the golf course in San Diego.  It was frustrating and fun.  I think Jeff is the only one that I don't feel embarrassed to look like a fool playing.  He doesn't even tease me when I completely crap it.  

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Congrats guys!! Beautiful wedding photos :) I can't believe it has been 10 years! You guys are awesome!