Friday, September 07, 2007

Yipee...I think!

After a long and tedious effort, I think Veronica is onto big girl underpants. She hasn't worn a diaper in close to 2 1/2 weeks. It hasn't been easy or the least bit enjoyable. Only a couple of accidents while we've been away from "home base" which is an accomplishment in itself. Veronica and I are still getting used to the idea of going to the bathroom in public restrooms. When we first started the whole idea scared Veronica and frankly it scared me too. I never really liked using public bathrooms when I was a kid, I was always afraid of dropping something on the floor and I hated it if my pants/shorts touched the bathroom floor. I think once Veronica is a bit more comfortable with using public bathrooms it will go a lot smoother and a lot faster. So far, we have to be in there for at least 5 minutes before she gets comfortable enough to go. Sometimes she asks me to take her and then she'll get nervous and decide she wants to hold it. It will take us going about 3 times before she will actually go. It's hard work but I am glad that she is starting this stage in her life. She is growing up, especially in the last year she has become a little kid and not my little baby. I am a little sad that they don't stay babies long but it is also fun to see her develop and grow into the little person that she is. I'm still trying to figure out a way to make Veronica forget about the "potty treats" and to just go without expecting a reward. Maybe I'll get her a really yucky candy and then she'll drop the idea of potty treats all together. Oh yeah, lately she just goes on her own, doesn't mention it, and brings me her potty with a surprise...sometimes not always pleasant for me.

1 comment:

Adam Zollinger said...

Congrats Veronica!