Thursday, January 24, 2008

...to be continued

So, yesterday I was startled by a phone call at 7am. For those of you that know me...that is EARLY, even with 2 kids. It was the gas company. I made a service appointment and they gave me between 7am and noon to come, so like the cable guy, I expected them to show sometime past noon, not at the very first hour. Anyway, they came and tinkered with it for a few minutes and got our heater to work. I wasn't too alert so I didn't really ask any questions as to why it stopped working or what fixed it, I just said thank you and have a nice day. By noon I decided to turn down the heat, I was literally sweating, I had forgotten to turn it down from 90 degrees or so. When I went to turn it back up, it wouldn't turn on again. I made another service appointment for next week, that was the soonest, and now have to be home from 7am - 8 pm. That's so lame. I guess it's supposed to warm up this coming week so that will be nice. It has been raining for the last couple of days and isn't supposed to stop until Saturday. I like it. The only problem is the cold since we don't have a functioning heater. If you're wondering about the manager, I haven't seen her since I posted about her. I doubt I will see her before rent is due.
I guess this is still ... to be continued...

3 comments:

Adam Zollinger said...

the comforts of the talavera are just a block away:)

jackie e said...

you are so right. maybe we can work something out so we get your old apartment. that would be too weird.

Son-in-Law said...

You should have called the son-in-law. He is learning how to be a sleazy lawyer and he may have saved you some $$$ on your rent when you were freezing.