Friday, February 29, 2008

In all my preparations for this big night, I forgot my camera. So this will have to do until Sheena can send me the one picture we managed to snap during the whole night.
We decided that it would be fun and new to go to Hollywood on LA's public transportation as to not deal with infamous LA traffic. We headed towards the bus station and realized that the map we had was inaccurate as far as parking is concerned. We drove around looking for parking and couldn't find it so we had to back track to the station that we were for sure had parking. We made it. Then we had to ride the bus to the metro station where we would get on LA's underground subway system. (When Jeff and I were in Mexico City on vacation we used the metro to go everywhere and I loved it. ) Once we arrived in Hollywood we were right in front of the Pantages Theatre. We had about 20 minutes before it started so we headed towards a place to eat. We ended up at a Baja Fresh where I think I inhaled half a burrito and a lot of salsa. My stomach wasn't too happy with my disregard for chewing my food, but we didn't want to be "those" people that walk in late and have to crawl over everyone. Oh yeah, funny story, there was this guy at Baja Fresh sitting next to us and I guess Jeff thought he left and decided to take the magazine that the guy was reading. I told Jeff that maybe he wasn't gone but Jeff took it anyway. Suddenly the guy comes, grabs the magazine and just sits down. He didn't say anything but we all were a bit embarrassed. A few minutes later the guy apologized for being rude and then we apologized and it was all good. It was funny though. We made it and it was AWESOME. I loved it. I think I may even go again. Maybe. Is it bad that I didn't really think about the kids until it was over?
We just missed the metro, so we had to wait about 10 minutes then when we got to the bus station we could see the bus loading as we waited at a red light. Once the light turned green the bus pulled off. That meant that we had to wait an extra 20 minutes for the other bus to arrive. At this point of the evening I was cold and had an upset stomach but still happy from watching Wicked. I was also hoping that Veronica was sleeping and not staying up as late as possible. Luckily they were all sleeping. Fun evening.


3 comments:

JS said...

I love Wicked! It is so good, and it is fun being in the Pantages. I think that is one gorgeous theatre! (I used the "re" cause we are talking theater here) :) Glad you got to see it.

Angela said...

Happy Birthday, David! We are so lucky to have you for a nephew and cousin for the girls. Have a great day!

Misti Lee said...

So I am going to Wicked in New York in June. I am so overly excited about it. I figure if I am going to go, I should go in style. The tickets are way pricey but what are you going to do. Have you read the book?