Saturday, February 09, 2008

Santa Monica Pier

She's all smiles now.
Playing on the beach... he managed 3 sandy fists in his mouth.
Here we are on the ferris wheel overlooking Santa Monica Beach. It was such a beautiful day, we just had to get outside and enjoy the beach.

People say it doesn't snow in southern California, well here's the proof it does...at least in the mountains. It was so clear today we could see the San Bernardino Mountains, topped with snow from our recent winter "storms." It's so awesome to see the snowy mountain tops with the palm trees all around.

Some more of the mountains in the background, while we're in the ferris wheel.




Having a snack. Hey Veronica! Share with your little brother.










While we were in line for the ferris wheel I believe we had a celebrity sighting. It's always exciting to finally see a celebrity, since we do live in LA. I haven't really watched Prison Break, but am familiar with the main guys on it. So, there was this guy who looked like Dominic Purcell. I didn't want to go up to him while he was trying to spend some time with his kids and ask for a picture and be totally embarrassed if it wasn't him...so I layed low and tried to get a picture, without him knowing. I managed a very blurry picture and there is a bar that is blocking his face. Before he got on this ride he put his sunglasses on but I am 97% sure it was him.
Jeff also wants me to note that he had a celebrity encounter while he was in Hawaii. The following is from Jeff's point of view. I was in the Honolulu Airport and this guy came up to me and asked if I was a LA Clippers fan. I happened to be wearing a Clippers jacket, that is probably why he asked. We started talking about the Clippers and I kept wondering if this guy was someone famous. I mentioned to him that he looked like Paul Walker from that movie...I can't remember the name of the movie, and that he probably got that a lot. He just said yeah. We walked to the security gate and were standing in line and some people turned to him and said, we're fans can we get a picture with you Paul Walker. So, Jeff was talking sports with Paul Walker, in Hawaii! Pretty cool.

5 comments:

Angela said...

COOL!

Unknown said...

so sad. remember how paul walker used to be mormon? also, while not the best actor, he's sure pretty to look at. lucky jeff :)

julie said...

I have no idea who paul walker is, but cool. i saw lindsay lohan on the timp cave hike but i'm not into the famous scene so we just let her hike on by. i miss seeing the mountais in the background, i'm jealous.

Son-in-Law said...

Your pictures make me miss California, not so much the Talevera though. I can't believe how big Veronica and David are. They are adorable. You guys must have so much fun! So...any thoughts on relocating to Dallas?
We miss you guys.

Son-in-Law said...

okay, i just wrote this big long message that didn't post. Your pictures make us miss California a lot! I can't believe how big Veronica and David are already! Time flies! They are adorable. I think it's so cute when kids finally come into their own little tastes about what they think looks good on them and etc.
So...andy thoughts on coming to Dallas?