Wednesday, April 16, 2008

mango salsa

I was so proud of my dinner I had to take a picture. Lately I've been super craving salsa so I went to the grocery store and they had mangos 3 for $1 so I made mango salsa. Super yummy and it makes plain chicken breast really good.



Here is something that happened last night while we were watching American Idol (which David Cook rocked by the way). Veronica was playing in front of the a/c and I could here her pushing buttons. So, I asked her what she was doing and she showed me the remote control for the a/c. So then began the following back and forth...

Me: Veronica, didn't I tell you that you were not supposed to play with that remote?
Veronica: Yeah.
Me: (being stern) Well, what are you doing with it?
Veronica: (very matter of factly) Being naughty.

How could I possibly continue my sterness. She quickly put it away and we all laughed.

5 comments:

mindy said...

Looks yummy! Veronica is so funny.

Hey we are coming to California next week (wed-sat) and we should do something! Jesse has work and I will be done with school... let me know if you guys are busy!

JS said...

k. I want some salsa, Veronica is HILARIOUS! and I can't believe that your son has THAT MUCH HAIR! Amazing. Merrick barely has any and he is older...oh well one day.

Jenny said...

I LOVE that she answered so matter-of-fact! :)

And I LOVE mango salsa!!!! We are still the same. :)

Kaity said...

They are so honest at this age.

Little Veronica is quite the young lady!

We are BBQing at Big Joe and Robin's Saturday, May 3rd. It wouldn't be a BBQ without you guys. We hope you can make it.

4:30. I noticed Jess and Mindy are going to be in California too! Tell them you're busy on the 3rd.

Tiffany said...

I love Mango Salsa! You are so domestic- I am jelous. Veronica sounds adorable I hope that I get a girl someday :)