Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Poop and Dodgers...

My dad got us tickets to see the Dodgers play. I dressed the kids in their Dodger gear and we were off to the stadium. About 5 minutes before we arrived at the stadium I smelled poop. Jeff and I both figured that David had pooped, since he just downed 10 oz. of milk. Anyway, the smell went away for a bit and then it started to smell again and more intense. This is what happened next.
Jackie: That stinks! I hope it's not leaking out of his diaper.
Jeff: (turns around to see David) Yep it's all over!
Jackie: (turn around) David no! Don't touch that!
Once I turned around I saw David calmly sitting there with poop all over his leg and hands. He apparently thought it a good idea to touch his poop and then sort of rub it on his legs. It was pretty nasty, I almost hurled. At this point I don't know what to do because my diaper bag is in the trunk and nothing was within reach. I had a hold of David's hands and managed to find a box of tissues. When we finally pulled into the parking lot we threw the trunk open and made a make shift changing station. Stripped David, all while holding his hands together so he wouldn't touch anything with his poopy hands, and de-funked him. I only had a water bottle with ice in it so the poor kid had to have and ice bath in our trunk. While I was de-pooping David, Jeff was de-pooping his carseat. It was so gross.
Anyway, the game wasn't that bad. I was expecting a miserable time, but it was actually almost fun (except for the whole playing with poop thing). My parents were there so they handled the kids. My dad likes to spoil Veronica so she got cotton candy and sat next to abuelo the whole time.


Jeff sharing twizzlers with the boy.


He's so affectionate sometimes.


This is after Veronica took a little fall on her chair. Lucky abuelo is there to comfort her with cotton candy and pink foam finger.


The family all dressed up in their dodger blue. We look pretty tough, eh?


Time to go home. Can you see David's bling?

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is so GROSS! I am so happy that nothing like that has happened here yet- knock on wood. I almost gagged reading it! Yet I was also laughing the whole time! Ahhhh motherhood!

julie said...

Yuck! I had a friend who had a little boy who every morning for a couple weeks would wake up and poop then play with it all over the room. Just thought it might make you feel better:)