Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First day...

So, today was Veronica's first day of pre-school. She has been looking forward to this day all week. We've been using school as an excuse to make her go to bed earlier than the usual 10pm or later. If you know Veronica you know that as soon as we walked in she was little miss chatter box and was oblivious to us. Needless to say, she hardly noticed that I left. She didn't cry and for me...let's just say it was a hard walk home alone...when did she get old enough to go to school? I guess I sort of realized that she's going to be doing things for the first time without me around to watch her go through it. It was a very bitter/sweet realization. I know David secretly missed her, eventhough he loves having all my attention.


Outside our ghetto alley/parking area ready to walk Veronica to school. Like her pose?


Inside the classroom. Teacher (as Veronica likes to call her) read a book about an owl family and how the mom owl had to leave but how she always comes back. This was her way of getting the kids ready to say goodbye to their parents for their first day.


Waiting outside the gates for school to be out.


After a long day (2 hours 20 mins) at school. Yeah, I don't know why she even needs a backpack, but she likes it so why not?


I just took this photo, she's beat after having to wake up at 730am. She even fell asleep during Curious George, she must be tired! Now I have to wake up the poor kid or else she'll be up all night and won't want to wake up early for school tomorrow. I bet she is regreting giving up her naps almost a year or so ago. This is one of her "shut-down" modes.

I love you Veronica!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

She is a total super star! I love the first pose, and the tuckered out end.

julie said...

It is so hard letting go, at least you don't have to worry about her being shy like I have to worry about Hailey. We are having a hard time right now because one teacher is nice and the other isn't as much...this growing up stuff is hard

Adam Zollinger said...

is she really going to school!! Wow time flys... we went to the BYU game today against USC... totall blow out, thought of you guys, it was sad how bad they were beat! Any way, hadn't seen my shopping alley for a while.. looks greatL;)

Sheena said...

I love your brown babies! Veronica goes to school now, so how's the mama doing? I saw this mom at the bank today and she said she didn't know what to do with herself cause her kids are all in school now. hmmm...i wonder how that would be...