Sunday, February 08, 2009

Jeff rants...

This isn't really a rant, but I wanted to list my all-time favorite restaurants:

10: Les Sisters - Cajun restaurant in Chatsworth. Good gumbo and even better buttermilk pie.

9: Pho 999 - this is a vietnamese restaurant. Beef noodle soup. Tai nam gao is my favorite (number 13 on the menu) and a mango boba.

8: A & W - Great bacon cheesburgers and even better root beer.

7: Tommy's Burgers - Best chili burgers in the world...even better after a Dodgers' game.

6: Pizza Pipeline - Best pizza I've ever had-large w/pepperoni & jalapenos, some cinnamon-sugar tricky stix, and washing it down with a sprite, plus it includes college-days nostalgia from Provo.

5: In-n-out burger - #1 combo with a side of "spread".

4: Ono's - great hole-in-the-wall hawaiian place in Waikiki. Poi, lau-laus, lomi-lomi salmon, kailua pig...in a word "ono" ("delicious" in hawaiian...I think).

3: El Taurino/Taco King - best taco stands in all of LA, burrito de pura carne, unos tacos de carne asada y lengua, y un agua grande de tamarindo.

2: Red Lobster - Raw oysters on the half shell for an appetizer and butterfly coconut shrimp with pina colada sauce for the entree.

1: Sam Woo's - this is a chinese restaurant-great mongolian beef, spicy salt pork chops, and chow fun with some "hi-chew" from the grocery store next door for dessert.

A lot of thought went into this list, but it can change on a moment's notice: discovering a new restaurant or getting a hair in my food from one of the places listed. And yes, I like to eat, and have gained a good 50 lbs of weight from my 140 lbs days in high school.

1 comment:

Angela said...

You funny, Jeffy. That sounds like a fun thing to do.. I might give it a try.