Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Baby Vanessa arrives...




Since Jackie is feeling relatively not up to updating a blog, I thought I'd fill in temporarily. Forgive the lack of creativity and everything else about this post. Jackie is a tough woman...no drugs for the delivery "au natural". By seeing our hospital room Monday night, you'd have thought I had given birth, not Jackie. I don't do well missing 3/4 of a night of sleep (Jackie went into labor in the middle of Sunday night.) and I ended up feeling pretty miserable by Monday night. Jackie seemed to have recovered pretty well by that point. Anyways, she got a kick out of it. Basically, I wouldn't want to find myself in a dark alley walking across from Jackie-she's tough as nails (but as sweet as sugar). Here are a couple of pictures...I love you Jackie and Vanessa!
BTW...Her name is Vanessa Marcely (accent on the first sylable). She measures it at 7lbs 11ozs 20 inches long, and arriving Monday, May 11th at 4:18 AM.

3 comments:

Sheena said...

Dang, Jackie is one tough cookie! Man, that's a tough act to follow. I'm so glad that she's recovering well. Can't wait to see little Vanessa!

julie said...

Congratulations!!! So glad things are going well. Looks like Jackie's recovery is going better than Jeff's, ha ha...can't wait to see her grow.

Angela said...

Yea! Congrats, everyone! She is a beauty, just like Veronica and Jackie:) You look great, Jackie. I hope your nights are going well.