Tuesday, May 19, 2009

One week...

...so far so good. Vanessa seems to have taken the "Sleeping Beauty" role just fine. I guess the first couple of weeks are nice since babies sleep most of the day and don't really fuss much. It's the weeks after that, when they stay up longer and require more attention...hopefully by then we will have figured out our routine. I mentioned to Jeff that I don't look forward to bedtime as much because I know that I will be up constantly and won't really rest. I'm excited to get to know little Vanessa and her unique personality and to watch her fit into our family. David has been "helpful" with his new baby sister. He stands by her swing and waves hello to her and lovingly pushes the pacifier into Vanessa's mouth when she's sleeping. Veronica loves to talk to "her baby" and show her what she's has brought home from school. I just love to watch them all and know that soon enough all three of them are going to drive me crazy but still melt my heart.

Jeff with his little princess. A whole week old...so precious.


A common position for our little one.

4 comments:

mindy said...

She is so beautiful! I want to come see her (and your family, of course!)!

Sheena said...

It was really cute seeing how each member of your family welcomed little Vanessa. From Jeff becoming a softie while holding her to little David being so aware of her and a good helper-it's just so cute. What a nice fam!

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, Jackie--she is absolutely beautiful! And the stories of David and Veronica loving her totally melt my heart!!!! Congratulations, and I really miss you!!

Alicia said...

What a doll! And VAnessa is such a gorgeous name. How was the birth?