Tuesday, July 07, 2009

House!

When we found out that we were pregnant with Vanessa it kind of forced us to rethink our living situation. We were living in a one bedroom apartment with Veronica and David sleeping in toddler beds out in the living room. We figured we could stay there for a little while longer since it was so expensive to rent a bigger place. BUT, things all changed when we knew that #3 was going to come. We simply didn't have space and ventured into the world of house hunting. Due to an unfortunate incident, that I will spare details and won't even mention what it is (some of you may know what I'm talking about), we had to downsize our first home. Anyway, we found a really good realtor and we went to work on looking for a home that would fit our needs and came across this townhouse and made an offer. We were rejected and they took another offer but that fell through and we made a second offer and were rejected again! THey took another offer and that one fell through and this time we kept the same offer and figured if they were desperate enough they would take ours and they were and they did! It took quite some time to actually get to the point where we had the keys but it finally came and now we own something! The way the housing market is it is going to be slightly less for the mortgage than it would be to rent a 2 bedroom apartment...crazy, huh? Anyway, we certainly got lucky and we're so grateful for everyone who helped and supported us with this. It's funny because when Jeff and I first moved out here to LA we thought we would never own a home because that's when the price for a house was ridiculous expensive and now that it's hit bottom here we are with the keys.


During escrow. The living room. Any ideas what to do with that giganto mirror over the fireplace?


Kitchen. It has a dishwasher!


During our move. We did some painting.


Dining area. Still not finished but we're getting there.


Stairs to the 3 bedrooms. So far, David has tumbled twice and Veronica once and me once. I've never had stairs so this is quite the workout especially when I'm carrying a heavy kid.

8 comments:

Sheena said...

This is so wrong but I was laughing when I read that you guys tumbled down the stairs. It would be funny to put a camera there and watch and the slips and slides. I'm so off. Congrats on your beautiful house. I'm officially envious. Heres to all the great memories you're going to have there!

mindy said...

I want to come visit to see your new place! That is so exciting you guys finally have a place of your own. I guess that means Jesse and I are next on the list to buy a place of our own... we'll take our time... :)

Unknown said...

What to do with that giant morror?
Yea!
Rip it out and put up a 50" 1080p LCD!
Just a thought. =)

Adam Zollinger said...

i literally fell out of my chair from bouncing up and down with excitement!!! Its a beautiful place and its all yours!!1 I'm so happy for you both, your kids are getting so big too fast! I love the pictures. Thanks for the virtual tour of the new home!!! Your own bedroom!!Ya! I tumbled down my stairs too while holding Vaughn, tramatizing but now I know to hang on to the banaster no matter what! love you guys.. I want your address:)!!!

Rachel & Darrin said...

That's so exciting for you! I'm so glad you finally get a home to call your own. I posted some of the wedding pictures on my blog. It's rachelanddarrin.blogspot.com

Alicia said...

YAY!!! Congrats Jackie! More pictures please!

Jenny said...

Jacks!!! I absolutely agree--a girls weekend sounds soooo awesome!!!!! Let's for real do it--we can totally meet in Provo and relive the old life for a brief moment. I miss you!!!

Seriously, when do you want to go??

JS said...

That is so awesome! wish we had a house...
Not for awhile, but anyways!
That is great for you guys, congrats!