Wednesday, September 02, 2009

First Day, New School

It has certainly been a long summer. Veronica is officially a Kindergartner. She started school at Chime Charter Elem. Veronica was super excited to start school. She wasn't the least bit apprehensive about it. It was a different story for me. I started realizing that I've had my 4+ years of being her only real teacher and now she's going to be out there learning what she will. Anyway, it's sort of bittersweet. Funny thing, once we pulled up to the school, Veronica insisted that I stay in the car and to leave her there. She kept saying to me, "Just go! I don't want you here in my school." There was a Kindergarten breakfast for the parents/kids so that the transition wouldn't be so difficult, otherwise I think I would've left a lot sooner. It was hard to leave. I know she's happy and safe so that helps me a lot.


Right before we headed out the door. This is a first, she is waiting for me and not the other way around.


Here she is at the playground. She's already sort of annoyed that I'm even there and taking pictures no less! Can't you just picture her saying, "Go away mom!"


In front of her classroom. That's her teacher behind her in the blue dress.


Wow, she actually smiled.


Here they are going into their classroom and I was trying to get her attention so I could wave goodbye and take a picture and she turned and said, "Don't follow me!" On that note I headed for the car and tried not to cry.

2 comments:

mindy said...

That is kinda funny that she doesn't want you with her. But that would be sad, too. She is a cutie!!

Angela said...

I love Veronica's new haircut. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!