Monday, October 04, 2010

goodbye old car...

...Hello new car!


In a previous post, I mentioned how David was super attached/obsessed with a red car. Well, that car was totaled. Seriously, this kid took his car everywhere. He even recognized the sound the car would make whenever it was picked up or dropped on the floor. He named it "lightqueen" after his favorite character, Lightning McQueen from Cars. I have repaired it in the past with glue, but I honestly didn't want to go to the trouble to fix it. So, I did what any parent would do...got him the closest thing to his "lightqueen"...I hope this one can hang with David. He seems to like it as much and even agreed to dispose of his old car all by himself. Funny thing, when David came to me with his broken "lightqueen" he was very upset and I told him I couldn't fix it anymore and if he wanted a new car. He took a breath and said yes and ran to my closet and showed me my secret hiding spot for extra cars. He had already set his eyes on this car long before.



Thank you "lightqueen". You have been so good to David, I only wish he was a bit more gentle with you. He loved you so much.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Hey you, Sage and I will be in Thousand Oaks all day Tuesday. We're free from 11:30-2. How far is TO from you guys?

Alicia said...

Hey you...we'll be in Thousand Oaks for the day on Tuesday. Are you guys close to TO?