Thursday, September 20, 2012

School Daze

The kids started school, really early this year.  
August 15, 2012
David is officially in Kindergarten and Veronica is a big 3rd grader!  What?  Seriously, don't know when this happened?  First day of school was kind of a logistical nightmare.  I had to be at 2 different campuses at the exact same time.  K and 3rd grade are in different campuses, crazy, right?  So, I dropped Veronica off and then I ran out of there and back in the car, a few blocks away, and drove like a mad woman over to David's school.  We were only 10 mins. late to his first day of school.  What a way to start. 
David mentioned to me that he was excited but a little nervous to start school.  My sweet little guy just melts my heart.  
Anyway, they both seemed to have amazing days.  
Interesting difference with Veronica and David.  Ever since preschool, Veronica has always been almost annoyed when I picked her up from school.  She's always been independent and likes having her own thing, so when I was there to pick her up she would almost be mad and wouldn't divulge anything about her day.  Still acts like that today.  Then there's David, who enjoys going off and doing fun things but loves being home.  When I picked him up from his first day of preschool, he was happy and actually happy to see me and ready to tell me all about his day.  He still does that.  
I'm glad they both are doing well in school and like it.


Mom, can you stay until I see my friends?  Then you can go!  Hurry, go!!

Quick pic before we ran to take David to his campus. Long day!


Nervous smile.

Okay, this isn't so bad.  Ready to conquer the world mom, go home. I'll be alright.

2 comments:

Rachel & Darrin said...

That's so funny how different their personalities are! I guess you have to be ready for that with kids, eh? Poor Vanessa on the last post, hope she's feeling all better. Logan had a similar experience in Portland.

The Gilley's said...

I LOVE that I get to see your blog! You're such a funny writer. You just have the cutest kids! I love all of their personalities, too! Love you mucho!
Love B