Friday, October 12, 2012

Shopping Cart Therapy

A few days back I was having a too-much-going-on-in-my-brain-to-process-everything kind of day.  I wasn't sad or mad or anything like that, just a bit overwhelmed with everything happening in life.  Anyway, I was kidless and grocery shopping.  As I was picking out some essentials, like donuts and other snacks, I kind of felt like if I didn't do something to shake this feeling that I would end up having a rough rest of my day.  So, I wrapped up my shopping and as I was walking my groceries back to the car I changed my day.  I remember being a kid and thinking of how fun it was to push the shopping carts really fast and then hop on.  Why not now, right?  I needed a boost in my day, so it was perfect.  Although I believe I have lost my coordination with my age I managed to get going pretty fast and I had some fun.  For about 2 minutes I was having fun and not really thinking about life and all that comes with it.  I find that sometimes I get so overwhelmed with everything that is going on in my (kids, husband, other family, etc...) life that I don't remember to let loose sometimes and have fun.  We all should be having fun, because if we are not having fun then there is something seriously wrong.  None of us are so entirely busy to have fun, even if it's for a minute. 

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

LOVE IT! I am so glad that you had fun! Oh how I wish I was in the parking lot!! Thank you for sharing!

The Gilley's said...

This brings the BIGGEST smile to face! I pictured in my mind while reading. :)
You definitely bring that fun, Jackie in so many people's lives!!! I love ya mucho!!
Love B

Rachel & Darrin said...

I know just how you feel. I have always loved doing that on shopping carts too--in fact, my roommates and I found one on the sidewalk and took it back to our apartment because we had a ramp down into the parking garage. so fun :)